CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Oil Painting progress


This is a 24x36" oil on canvas. 6 hours progress so far, and trying glazing techniques with this one. The hard part is leaving it alone to set when I'm used to finishing up a painting in a day or 2. It is to be my boys and thier 4-H calf, plus the dog, when it is finished.
I found today that even with the fantastic deal I got last year with buying somebody's studio clearout, I still need to replace some oil colors, as the lady's pallette was 'brighter' than what mine typically is due to her painting abstract and florals. So I need to get to a Hobby Lobby soon!
I also decided to start subscribing to some art magazines, namely 'The Pastel Journal" to aid with pastels, and am hunting for watercolor and oil paint themed ones as well. It can't hurt to gain knowlege anyway....

0 comments: